Monday, August 8, 2011

Blue sky and sun....

Today we woke up to a beautiful sunny day with blue sky. It was quite exciting to be able to see blue sky because we still have no roof and the weather forecast had been for rain all of this week.
In the morning Sandy and Peter started ripping more tiles off the roof. When tiles started falling through the hole in the ceiling I figured that would be a good time to go out for breakfast with Denise....I so love having a day off work.
When I got back from breakfast to get ready for lunch with Margaret it was exciting to see even more of the roof removed and the floor that had red tiles smashed on it had all been cleaned up. I love my builders, they are a tidier bunch than me....which wouldn't be too hard I guess!
From the front of the house it doesn't look like much has happened.
When I got back from lunch and the gym the builders were attaching the tarpaulin to the roof in case it rains tonight. We really are living in a tent now, and to think that we don't camp.
Visiting my adorable next door neighbours I was able to see the flooring had been put down today as well, next time I will take a camera so that I can get a photo of the progress.
There has been no rain all day and now at 5.30pm it is starting to rain. God is good. Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment