Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We have a bedroom door with a lock......and a missing roof!!

Arriving home yesterday it was disappointing that the battery in the camera had gone flat and I couldn't take any photos, which meant that I didn't update the blog.
Yesterday the builders finished putting up the scaffolding all the way around the house in readiness for taking off the roof.
In the photo you may also notice that the garage door has been moved across and our old bathroom door has been installed to allow access to the garage. I think that it is much easier and much better now instead of having to lift the garage door every time I want to go into the garage.
Today when I got home it didn't look like anything had been done all day.......until I went around the back and saw a massive tarp over the roof. They have started taking off the roof which is very exciting. Today was the warmest August day in 4 years with a temperature of 26degrees. Tomorrow is predicted to be 27degrees which is good for us, and hopefully there will be no rain for a few weeks.
As you can see the television aerial has been removed. Unfortunately this means that the digital set top box won't pick up channel 9 or channel 10. This is a disaster for me as that means I can't see Masterchef or The Block......Oh well thank goodness for bunny ears and analog television. 
Looking up into the roof space from inside the house you can see where the tiles have been removed etc.
The other extremely exciting thing that happened is that we now have proper doors in the laundry (Joel is very relieved) and on our bedroom door, en suite and walk in robe. 
The walk in robe has been finished and Mark has already been organised enough to move his clothes into it. I am still thinking about doing it! I did put one article of clothing into it for the photo.
Yesterday saw the introduction of a new builder, Sandy. He has been busy finishing off all of the doors and also the fittings in our en suite. We now have a toilet roll holder and soap holder on the wall. There would have been towel racks too, but I have changed my mind about the type that I want so I have to get them for him. We haven't had a toilet roll holder for years as the one in our bathroom broke about 10 years ago and we never got around to getting a new one, so this advancement is very exciting.
I can't wait to see how much more of the roof comes off tomorrow. Our old hot water tank is also up in the roof so I guess that will be a huge job to remove that.

No comments:

Post a Comment