Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Upstairs!!!

As Mark is the only one of our family lucky enough to be able to climb the scaffolding to go upstairs I think that it is only fitting that he writes what has been going on.

Howdy folks, deputy blogger here, long time no blogging as Chief has been in residence so I have been banished. But I am back baby, ready to blog on with the best of them.
Chief has been a little tardy with the updates however that is due to the work switching to the roof and each afternoon when we all arrive home the massive tarps are in place and we cannot see what has been done. Chief is correct, I was given the privilege and permission from Wayne to climb the scaffolding and have a look ...but I had to stay on the scaffolding! The photos show the first stages of the flooring going down. The floor joists had been the task for Monday and then some flooring. 

Arriving home Tuesday afternoon after Marissa's zone athletics carnival (winning the 100 meters in a record time, winning the 200 meters and the long jump, while Deputy Blogger froze time keeping), it appeared from what we could see under the tarps and inside that all the flooring was complete and there was even evidence of plumbing where the bathroom is going.

Wednesday morning and Wayne wasn't on site first thing. Don't tell Wayne but I climbed up the ladder again to chew the fat with Peter and Sandy. Truth being I wanted to see what was done. While Sandy lamented the loss of his hammer, he confirmed that the building site was a swarm of activity yesterday. Builders everywhere, 3 plumbers and I bet one of them took it. 'I'm not happy you know, I want my hammer, believe it or not some of us still use them'. 
As Peter took off the massive tarps, I could see that indeed the flooring was all completed and the bathroom had been floored and the plumbing in place. I also took a walk on the floor upstairs (shhhh, don't tell anyone).

Peter taking off the tarp ...
The area is huge. Not a mansion by any stretch of the imagination however Peter and Sandy kept commenting, big area, big area.
I was hoping to come home and see some frame work. Certainly Peter and Sandy were talking framing however tonight there is this elaborate ramp from the driveway up the side of the house to the roof and wood stored all around the house. I think the task of resting a piece of wood up against the scaffolding and pulling it up one at a time got the better of them today. Makes sense given they also have to eventually haul up windows, bathroom stuff etc etc.

We can only hope that the weather stays fine. It has been crisp at night and in the mornings but the forecast has always been the chance of showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment