Friday, October 28, 2011

I feel like I am on the set for the movie 'The Money Pit'!!

Remember that movie 'The Money Pit' starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long?


Well for the last 20 weeks this place has felt a bit like that (not the looks). Today, however I am feeling it more so.....I am also getting a little bit excited as I am beginning to see the end of that enormous dark tunnel.
Today our house is a hive of activity. It also feels like a mini United Nations with at least 4 different nationalities represented. 
Poor Peter was late because his car broke down on his way to work. The upside was that it was near a car repair place. The downside was that it didn't open until 8am. After waiting until it opened because he really didn't have any other options they fixed it at great cost to Pete.
We also have the fabulous ever smiling tilers back again tiling the upstairs bathroom.
The absolutely brilliant electricians are also here. I am being especially nice to them because my brand new oven was delivered minutes ago and now I am trying to get Sammy to install it for me before he goes home today....hm we'll see he muttered as he high tailed it out of here! He assures me that he will be back...He just didn't say when.
The man doing the down pipes is here and even though the cloud cover looks threatening we are hoping that it doesn't rain today.
I have also been for a trip to the lighting shop this morning to get more lights as it appears we were a few short.
I am now about to start packing stuff into my new pantry because I am sick of having everything lying around outside on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment