Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bookcase sold

Well it is very exciting to note that the bookcase has been sold on eBay and picked up by the very nice gentleman named Mark. It took him about 1 1/2hours to get it out so we had a lovely chat.

Among other things I found out that his 40 year old son has developed MS which is really sad as his marriage has broken up as a result of it and he has lost his business too. He also has another son who lives in Brisbane but has just bought a block of land down near Nowra to build a house on. Mark's wife works in an old people's home and is doing extra shifts until they find a new worker to replace her friend that left recently.

Mark is an accountant and has a brother who is a builder, one is a plumber and one is an electrician. he wonders why they never started a building company together.
I know I would be happy to have any of those trades in my family about now.
As you can see I have had quite an enjoyable morning.
Anyway the bookcase is sold and gone. I hope his wife enjoys it as much as we did.

The builders  came yesterday and started to construct the fence around our place all set for the renos to start on Tuesday. They didn't finish and I expected them back today but there has been no sign of them.....Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come! I will put up a photo once the fence is all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment