Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Monday's update

I didn't get around to doing my update last night, not sure why really but here is what happened yesterday.

As usual the builders were here bright and early and starting work at 7am. Peter was actually out the front in his car from about 6.15am.
We love our builders, so different from our first experience of building with Jon. This experience sure brings back all of the memories from our first disastrous effort and makes us thank God for the competent  and hard working builders that we have now discovered.

In order to avoid the building site that is my house I bailed and  went to the movies with my very good friend Alyson. When I got home all of the en-suite, walk in robe and doorway was totally framed up. They had also taken off more gyprock from the surrounding walls.
That room is getting colder each night as it is stripped away to a skeleton. Makes trips to the toilet in the middle of the night not very appealing.

Because of the size I couldn't get a very good picture of the entire structure. It is looking like a real room now.

This morning everyone arrived bright and early again and they are now working noisily.
So far they have removed the window that was in Joel's own room, there is lots of banging going on and the plumbers are here which is very exciting. Will post more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment