Friday, June 17, 2011

We have air-conditioning tonight but no television!!!

Well today has been a massive day.

This morning Peter took out the window that was in Marissa's bedroom so we had a massive hole in the wall. He then proceeded to work on the frame around the en-suite and walk in robe. It looks great.



The electrician also came to try and work out the mess that our electrical system is. He put in temporary cables so now we have air-conditioning tonight which is a good thing because it is blowing a freezing cold wind. We also have working lights and power points through the house which is also a good thing. Unfortunately thought we don't seem to have a signal for the television so we can't watch it. Maybe Mark will be able to fix it when he gets home. If not it's going to be a really long weekend without it because all soccer has been canceled this weekend.

They also finished demolishing the BBQ and took off the roofing from our outdoor area as well as the walls around it. Tonight we are feeling very exposed out the back door. Hopefully it won't rain because now our laundry and toilet are outside well and truly.

Today I went shopping with Sheena to pick out the tiles and taps etc for our bathroom. Hopefully I wasn't too much of a drama queen or a princess and we are still friends.....
We chose white for the walls and grey for the floor. I then chose a rain forest shower head and square looking taps as well as an off the ground vanity. It should all look really good. Mark and I are going back at 9am in the morning to see if he likes it all before we order everything.

This afternoon I popped up to the lighting shop to see what types of lights we can choose and I am now totally confused. Again, Mark will be coming up tomorrow with me to make a final selection.

Thank goodness soccer has all been cancelled tomorrow so that we can do all of this shopping as Wayne requires some of the bathroom stuff for the plumber on Tuesday.

It was so lovely for Peter to clean up all of the mess before he went home again today. I just love my builders.

I didn't take any photos tonight as it was too dark by the time I got home.

1 comment: