Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The house as it is now

I thought I should put some photos on this blog so that we can remember what it looked like when the whole thing is finished.
This is what the front of the house currently looks like.
This is the view of the house from the backyard.
Here is my wonderful hills hoist with part of the days washing hanging on it. I will miss the old clothesline when we replace it.
 This is our current entry. I am really looking forward to getting rid of these steps.
 Our entry foyer with the lounge room on the immediate left.
Our lounge room with the lounge that is way too big for the space. In the shop it didn't look that big.
 The hallway leading to our main bedroom. Notice the rocking horse made by my clever grandfather.
 The main bedroom with the unmade bed and my winter coat thrown on the bed after a long day at work.
We are really looking forward to getting new windows that are sealed properly because it gets REALLY cold in here during winter.
 The youngest child's room. She actually makes her bed each day. Not sure where that comes from.....certainly not me. This room will form part of the master bedrooms en suite and walk in robe.
The middle child's bedroom who loves the colour red.
 The eldest child's room which will become a study in the renovation.
The hideous bathroom. I am not an apricot girl and I have hated this bathroom since we moved in, although not enough to do anything about it before this it seems.
 
The dining room. I was in the middle of packing up all of the things from the china cabinet when I decided to take these photos so that is why there is mess everywhere. Well more mess than usual.
Looking from the kitchen through to the dining room.
Although there are boxes from packing I love to sit in those lounge chairs in winter as the sun streams in through those windows until the afternoon. I have wasted many hours sitting there reading.
 
I hoped you liked the tour of our house as it currently stands.
The builder called in last night with the contracts to sign. As soon as we sign them there will be a 5 day cooling off period and then he will start work. He has already said that he will start bringing materials over at the end of the week. 
It is getting very exciting, although I am starting to get anxious as there is still quite a bit to do in terms of getting prepared for the start of building.
 
 
Currently I have packed up everything that was in the buffets and hutches. All of the books have been packed into boxes from the bookcase. I have also thrown out a whole lot of books and china too. Well actually Vinnies benefited from that.
I have listed the book case and buffet and hutch on ebay. So far there have been no bids but it tells me that 8 people are watching them. I think that is good, but if they don't bid it won't be.
 
We still have to move Marissa and Joel into their temporary bedroom in the lounge room and we also have to move the tv out to the dining room.
The lounge and good china cabinet will go into storage and hopefully we will live to tell the story of our building.











No comments:

Post a Comment