Thursday, July 7, 2011

Have You Heard Of A Cuddle??

It hasn't even been a week and I've been replaced by an electric rug/blanket thingy. Deputy Blogger is sad, oh my aching heart, it's broken, just like the air conditioner, the shed and the toilet!

Yes it is true, the air conditioning unit has been removed to allow access to the backyard for machinery and the truck. It is going to make things cooler in the house now we have lost the heater, but it is progress. Remember, you need to take a step backwards and endure the hardships to appreciate the future. Shame we are about to hit a very cold weekend!

It wasn't just the air conditioning unit that met the collective demolition delight of our builders. The rear shed has disappeared, replaced by a small tin shed, mocking the demise of the former shed who had stood tall for so long.





It wasn't just flailing sledge hammers today. The laundry floor has been completely laid with concrete for tiling and the rest of the sheeting has been completed however the old toilet is now lying in the weeds up the backyard, on its side, destitute. A crappy way to end such sterling service to so many ....



This morning started with a rush of activity. A new builder turned up, Wayne's son Brett with his truck. Lucky I had previously met Brett as I was starting to worry that Wayne had an imaginary son called Brett. He immediately wanted to know how the Roosters were going. Yeah, good one, sure the other job has finished?

Brett was unloading all his gear before going back to the old job to get all the scaffolding so they can set up to work on the front of the house. At the same time I was taking photos in the fresh morning light of the blue work, and then another van pulls up into the driveway. Firstly, the blue work.




Wayne took me out to meet the occupants of the van. Out piled 3 men who are our tilers, yeah! Brett immediately sledges them by asking no-one in particular, 'I thought we were getting the tilers in today, couldn't they come so you got these guys?' The building site I think is going to be a little more entertaining! I couldn't wait to see the en suite. I was a little disappointed as clearly tiling is harder than I thought.

But, remember my question from yesterday? Answer - Walls!





I think it may be finished tomorrow which would be a nice way to end a big week. Notice the nice little shampoo bottle shelf in the wall, but is too high for the Chief Blogger! Boo Hoo, Deputy Blogger likes it (remember I've been replaced by a rug with a power cord).

I love a nice piece of grass and the front yard always came up nice after mowing. Looks like a junk yard now!
Off to turn on the electric blanket, at least I have that going for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment