Thursday, July 28, 2011

The hideous archway has gone!

I arrived home to beams across the top of out new room out the back.
This in itself was pretty exciting, but the best was saved for when I walked into the house and saw the new window that had been put into the dining room. Sorry Sheena, it's the same size as the previous one!
New walls were put in at the top near the ceiling as it had a funny bit at the top and wasn't smooth after they took off the old cornices..(I'm sure that there is some sort of building jargon that I should have used for this)
But I guess the best came as I walked through the plastic sheeting and discovered that the hideous archway had been replaced with a square doorway. We hadn't intended to change the doorway but Wayne suggested that we do it because the archway looked ridiculous....and I couldn't agree more. I am ecstatic with the new doorway.
Can't wait to see how they finish the week off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment